Search, filter, and compare journals to make the best publishing decisions with Cabells International Whitelist & Blacklist.
Cabells International is a online database devoted to helping faculty and students evaluate and identify reputable Scientific, Humanities, and Mathematical journals. When using Cabells one can:
- Identify how much influence a journal has in a particular field
- Identify the acceptance rate for many journals
- See verified WOS Journal Citation Reports Impact Factors
- View Manuscript guidelines, launch dates, editor contact information, ISSNs, & etc.
About the White List:
Cabells' has curated a list of over 11,000 academic journals over 18 disciplines and a 100s of publishers. Journals on these lists are supported by Open Access organizations like DOAJ, COPE, and OASPA. Access to the white list has been provided as a method for our staff and faculty to identify safe and reputable publishers for their papers. The White List uses the following criteria when judging a journal:
- Scientific and respected Quality Metrics from well-known and authorized providers
- Acceptance Rates
- Editorial Board and Author Policies
- Recommendations from DOAJ, OASPA, COPE, & more.
About the Black List:
As a method of fighting back against the growing trend of exploitative and predatory publishers seeking to charge publication and open-access fees without providing the investigator with editorial, peer-review, or any reputable journal services traditionally provided by the fee. The Black List uses the following criteria when judging a journal:
- Peer Review Process
- Editorial Board Selection & Use of Researchers Names/Likeness's without permission
- Inscrutable & unclear terminology about fees, copyright practices, and archiving policies
- Misconduct Reports